Wednesday, August 24, 2011

1st entry

Welcome,
This is the first of many posts about whatever. Blogging is a new experience for me. I do not necessarily enjoy putting personal thoughts or ideas into a public view. The reason is that my thoughts and ideas are almost constantly changing. A blog seems like too much of a permanent record of your ideas and thoughts. Even if you delete them from the blog, your ideas may permanently be kept by someone else.
Being fairly young, I like to think that the way i view and understand the world is naive. Therefore I certainly do not view my ideas and thoughts as permanent view points or some sort of truth. Thus blogging makes me a bit uncomfortable because, in my opinion, putting ideas and thoughts on paper adds a touch of permanency to them. So, this post may serve the purpose of a disclaimer or advice. Keep your mind open and your thoughts fluid.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean - blogging can be very intimidating. I take heart in the fact that apparently not a single person has visited my blog, while harboring secret hopes that I become famous and well-respected on the interwebs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can you tell how many people have visited you blog?

    ReplyDelete