Sunday, August 28, 2011

2nd

A little information about myself.
These days I am a professional plant ecologist in training. I do not wish to talk about work at this point, rather i would like to share my other passions in life. I am recently engaged to a wonderful woman with whom i love to spend my time with. We share many similar passions, of which nature, sports and food are some big ones. 
We enjoy growing our own food and are having success even during such a year of extreme heat and drought. We also raise chickens. We have 4 chickens, two rhode island red hens (big red) and two bantam old english hens (little black). We have experienced ups and downs since we got them. 
This weekend we are finally rewarded for our hard work and monetary input through the laying of the first eggs. We have been expecting them to lay for about a week, and the chickens were getting very uneasy about what inevitably was a painful experience. more later... 

No comments:

Post a Comment