Monday, September 19, 2011

First exam for my kitties

I finally had the opportunity to assess my students and i thoroughly enjoyed it. The whole process was enjoyable even though i am short on time. I spent quite a bit of time going through my lecture notes and assigned readings to create the test questions. I had a general guideline for the type and number of questions that would compose the test in order to make sure that the students had enough time to complete the exam. unfortunately, it only took 16 mins for the first student to complete the exam. Most students finished before the end of the class period, which was part of the reason why i was surprised about the outcome. I already had an idea about how a few specific student would do given their background and class participation. However, the high grade of 91 was unexpected. In addition only two students scored in the A range. Never the less, the class average was acceptable at 78.

No comments:

Post a Comment