Monday, September 19, 2011

Hail to the chief

I am green. i am not talking about living green or eating green or anything related to "sustainable"  or low carbon emission. What i am talking about is inexperience. I have a four semesters of TA experience which in retrospect has given me limited wisdom. I learned how to deal with students in terms of answering questions about similar material. however, I was not responsible for teaching them the objectives. THis is proving to be one of the most difficult parts of teaching the inquiry course. Thankfully i have a mentor who is making footsteps for me to follow. I feel comfortable following these footsteps because i have a lot of the same teaching qualities. among the important ones is enthusiasm and engagement. I have learned how to engage students in a real and intense manner which i see keep students engaged and interested. I am not sure if he realizes that i see him as my mentor but given that i attend almost all of his classes, he most likely understands his role.

No comments:

Post a Comment