Tuesday, September 6, 2011

untitled

in recent weeks i have been watching my physical health slowly deteriorate. I used to exercise everyday, sometimes twice a day. If i am not mistaken i have exercised once in the last three weeks. I am starting to notice changes in myself like a decreased energy level, motivation and a dwindling joy in everyday life.
These days there is just too much work to be done which make fine excuses not to go for a swim or run. Unfortunately my work performance is going down the longer i do not exercise. It seems that there is a healthy balance (no shit right!) of doing "fun things" and work. The sweet spot seems to be a balance between time spent working out and time spent working. performance is jeopardized when the balance is tipped toward either end.
If you are reading this and are thinking "i hate working out" substitute working out for "playing video games" or "playing music" or whatever you like to do.
Seems like common sense right? Where exactly is this balance? I guess i need to figure that out myself.
in retrospect, this more of a motivational speech for myself than anything else.
cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment